This call to action was originally posted to the Military Families Speak Out website
Call to Action to Stop the Escalation in Afghanistan
The call to action adopted by the board of MFSO, initiated by Veterans for Peace:
- Take the actions listed below within the next several days, before President Obama decides to escalate the war in Afghanistan, and
- Plan acts of even greater resistance during the two days following any such decision.
- Continue writing and calling our representatives and demanding peace.
- If we've done that: take to the streets.
- If we've done that: sit down in the streets.
- If we've done that: sit down in Congressional offices.
- If we've done that: sit down, clog up, incapacitate, call in sick, withdraw consent and generally bring the nation's business to a halt, wherever and whenever we can, with any peaceful means available.
The U.S. House of Representatives can stop the wars by not initiating
another funding bill for them.
The President can decide not to escalate the war in Afghanistan and start sending troops home.
Veterans for Peace and its allies can compel them to do so.
Please contact national organizer Sam Diener (sam(at)mfso.org) to let us know about your planned actions and to send written descriptions and vivid photographs of your demonstrations.